After installing the HP Management Agents for VMware ESX Server 3.x (latest version is 7.7.0), no HBAs are visible in the HP Management Homepage. We use Emulex as an example:
- Navigate to the Emulex website and download the latest LPfcUtil (lpfcutil-7.3.2.tgz for ESX 3.0.1)
- Untar this tgz in the /tmp folder on your ESX host: tar -zxvf lpfcutil-7.3.2.tgz
- Stop the hpsmhd & hpasm agents by issuing the commands: service hpsmhd stop & service hpasm stop from the service console
- Navigate to /opt/Compaq/storage/bin and enter mv libdfc.so libdfc.so.bak. This creates a backup of the file libdfc.so
- Navigate to /tmp and execute the following command ./Install.sh
- Start the hpsmhd & hpasm agents by issuing the commands: service hpsmhd start & service hpasm start from the service console
- Check the HP Management Homepage by going to https://<servername>:2381 . A new item under Storage, “External Storage Connections”, should now be visible!