Patrick Rouse has written an excellent article on new TS features that will be available in Windows Server 2008.
- TS Easy Print: this will be Microsoft’s answer to Universal Printer driver solutions. As you know, there was already a “fallback” mode available in Windows 2003. TS Easy Print will be available with the new RDC 6.1 client
- Per-Session default printer: This feature ensures that different sessions logged on with the same user name retain session specific default printers
- SSO (Single-Sign on) when using Vista/Server 2008 combinations.
- Dual-monitor support
- Terminal Services RemoteApp: his feature provides Seamless Windows & Session Sharing functionality to users with Remote Desktop Client 6.x. Also, Session sharing will be available (as seen in Citrix MPS releases)
- Terminal Services Load balancing: With the new Terminal Services Session Broker, Win2K8 Terminal Servers can be effectively load balanced based on:
- Session Count
- Black hole avoidance (avoid a new TS from being overloaded with new logon requests)
- Drain mode (aka redirect new logins to other TS servers)
- Terminal Service Web Access: Similar to Citrix Web Interface, this IIS Portal delivers RemoteApp Connection information to a client with the Remote Desktop 6.x Client.
- Terminal Services Gateway: Similar to Citrix Secure Gateway, this feature provides RDP over HHTPS (443) traffic from DMZ to your trusted network.
Definitely check it out here