Some installation remarks on patch 2 for VirtualCenter. These are the experiences of the guys on the VMware forums and myself :)
- Make sure to disable HA and DRS when patching your VirtualCenter. Otherwise, some ESX host may become disconnected from VirtualCenter.
- Make sure to upgrade your VI Client! The new VI Client (build 40644) is NOT backwards compatible. I saw weird stuff happening when using the new VI Client on the patch 1 VirtualCenter release!!
- Check your VPXA agent version after the installation (issue vpxa –v). The new version should be VMware VirtualCenter Agent Daemon 2.0.1 build-40644 (was 33643). If not and your ESX host shows a disconnected state in VC, start to panic :). Or just install it manually by running 'service mgmt-vmware restart' at the console. Reconnect the ESX host.
- License location has changed from C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware License Server\vmware.lic to C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware License Server\Licenses\vmware.lic. I had to reboot the license server.
- Last but not least: Don’t click Yes when asked to overwrite the data. It will wipe out your DB!