A customer of ours had a problem with his Secure Gateway after the firmware and management software (HP Proliant Support Pack) where updated to the latest versions. The CSG and HPMHP (Management Homepage) use Apache as there default webserver, so a specific .exe file rotatelogs.exe gets replaced by HP.
Use the following workaround:
- Locate the rotatelogs.exe file for Secure Gateway. This file is normally located in the C:\Program Files\Citrix Secure Gateway\bin folder.
- Rename the rotatelogs.exe executable (for example, rotate.exe).
- Open the http.conf file located in the C:\Program Files\Citrix\Citrix Secure Gateway\conf folder. To do so, perform the following procedure:
- Open a command prompt window.
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Citrix\Citrix Secure Gateway\conf folder from within the command prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type notepad httpd.conf to open the httpd.conf file.
Note: The httpd.conf file is hidden. You cannot open the file unless you use a text editor.
- Create a backup of the file (for example, httpd.conf.bak).
- Modify the httpd.conf file and replace rotatelogs.exe with the new executable name (for example, rotate.exe).
- Restart Secure Gateway (for the new changes to take effect. Process Explorer should reflect the new changes).
- After performing the changes, set the HP Management Homepage Service to Automatic (or the other third-party application).
- Restart the system and test against the problem.